McAfee is a proven solution to deal with the various kinds of computer threats starting from worms, viruses, Trojans, phishing schemes, and several internet threats, too. The software has a personal firewall; it scans your social media pages to protect them from hackers.
McAfee comes with password manager and parental controls too and suggest you about all the threats it blocks. In short, McAfee is a good Windows Antivirus solution. While most of the McAfee products are designed to run well on the Windows-based computers, it is reported that there are issues with McAfee running on Windows 10.
Windows 10 is not compatible with McAfee Antivirus protection. There are reports that on Windows 10, the scan usually does not complete itself and stops at 97 or 98% every time.
The real Problem
According to McAfee, its Antivirus is totally compatible and supports Windows 10. So, where do you think the problem could lie? Well, sometimes certain versions issued by partners such as ISP or your PC maker may fail to be compatible as they often hang on to the upgraded versions of the Operating systems.
Read Here >> How to deploy the “Dark Mode” in MS Office?
There could be reasons for this problem such as the clashing software or drivers needing updating for the new system. It is also suggested that a patch could be needed in order for the software to work on Windows 10.
Another reason could be that Windows 10 already has an inbuilt legitimate antivirus protection plan with the name of Defender. Perhaps, it could be Defender causing hindrance with McAfee Antivirus running on its Operating System.
However, studies have shown that Defender falls behind other antivirus software with respect to the features such as protection, usability, and performance. Hence, even the Windows 10 users need a good antivirus, such as McAfee protection, installed in their computers.
Sometimes, there could be some other antiviruses or installed firewalls causing problems to the McAfee antivirus software.
Prepare your Windows 10 to Install McAfee
Follow these simple steps to ensure trouble-free installation of your McAfee software:
- Go to the start button on your Windows desktop.
- Check for Windows update first.
- Update, in case, it requires the same.
- Now download the Pre-Install Tool and save it to a temporary location such as your desktop.
- Click Ok to agree to the changes.
- Once the pre-installation is completed, click Ok, click close, and restart your computer.
- Remove all the third-party applications which might cause obstruction. This can include older McAfee software as well. You can run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool to clean up all the old lines.
- After this restart your computer.
- Now your PC is ready to install McAfee Antivirus
Steps to Install McAfee Antivirus
- On downloading McAfee antivirus, go to the “start” and select “control panel.”
- Click on “Run” and then select “Country and language.”
- Once you enter the product key, click on “submit” option.
- Click on “I agree” option and then click on the “Next” option.
- Make selection for the complete installation and click on the “next” option to finally complete the process.
Once you have prepared your personal computer for the installation of McAfee via mcafee.com/activate and still it causes a technical error, you may seek help from McAfee Antivirus Tech Support Organization. The experienced technicians can help you to resolve the issue instantly and completely.
Have you ever tried installing McAfee Antivirus on Windows 10? Did it cause problems? How did you resolve the issue?