This article will provide you with meaningful insights on how to create, assign, accept or decline, view, and print a “task” in MS Outlook.
Outlook, a tool developed by Microsoft in order to help people organize their emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and to-do lists in a single platform and these tasks could be easily accomplished by just working with emails. These emails can be converted into tasks or appointments because Outlook is capable of storing information about the people one interacts with. It automatically syncs your contacts so that you don’t have to worry about remembering a person’s contact details.
Procedure to consider while managing “tasks” on Outlook
Create a Task
Most of the people are into the habit of making a to-do list on a piece of paper or in a notepad but with the help of Outlook that you have downloaded via office.com/setup, you can combine various lists into one, get reminders, and track task progress as well. The below-mentioned steps can be followed in order to “create a task” in Outlook:
Read Here >> How to customize Microsoft account credentials?
- Open “Outlook” and go to its “Home” tab.
- Select “New Items” from the list of “New” group items.
- Choose “Task” and enter the details in the task form according to your needs.
- Tap “Save & Close”.
- Or press “Ctrl+Shift+K” simultaneously to add a new task.
Assign a Task
- Tap the “Tasks” icon on the quick access bar.
- Press “Ctrl+Shift+K” in order to create a new task or open ancurrent task.
- Click “Assign Task” option.
- In the task form, do as described:
- Type in the name or email ID in the “To” box.
- Add a “Subject”.
- Choose from the two options; “Start Date” and “Due Date”.
- Customize the “Status” and “Priority” options accordingly.
- In the two checkboxes that say “Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list” and “Send me a status report when this task is complete”, “Accept” or “Deny” the default selection.
- Tap on the “Send” icon.
Accept or Decline the Assigned task
Whenever you create or assign a task, it automatically appears in the inbox of your email account.
- In the “Accept” or “Decline” panel, click on the desired option.
- Choose from the options mentioned below:
- “Edit the response before sending” or
- “Send the response now” and click “OK”.
- The Outlook task list will include all the accepted tasks.
(Note: Outlook office setup provides you with the options to “Reply”, “Reply all”, and “Forward” the task to the assigned person.)
View a Task
- Tap on the Outlook icon to open it.
- Go to its quick access toolbar and click the task icon.
- Double click an item in the “To-Do List” or “Task” list, which will take you to the full form.
Print a Task
The task is printed in the style that you have selected in the “view your tasks” list.
- Tap on the “task” icon available on the quick access toolbar.
- Choose the desired task or task folder from the “To-Do List”.
- Right click on it and tap “Print”.
- Your task is now printed and ready to be taken anywhere.
Outlook provides you with a great deal to manage the day to day activities without any hassle. If you face any difficulty while downloading MS Outlook on your device, then you may consider contacting Office Support Executives.