Before moving on to the discussion on the method to add Project Online to your Office 365 account, let us first know what actually is Project online. Well, we can say that it is a web-based utility or program using which we can manage multiple projects at a time. Along with this, we can use it to keep track of the work on timesheets. Moreover, it is also proving to be helpful in balancing broad resources needs.
There is an important thing to consider in regards to Project Online. One should note that it is not a web-based version of the Professional suite. It is a completely different service that allows you to work on portfolios. You also get the advantage to use project management tools using Internet services.
As well as there is a web-based application for using Project that depends on your subscribed plans. This also includes the Online Desktop Client. We usually know it as a subscription-based version of Professional subscription of it.
A few things to note down
You do not need to create an account for Office 365 if you are already using services such as Exchange Online or SharePoint Online. The users of Office 365 Enterprise, Government, or Academic can simply add it to that account and you will see it listed somewhere in your account. From here, you can simply add it to your account. Other users won’t see it listed in their account.
Step to add Project Online to your existing Office 365 account
Follow the steps given below carefully so that you do not encounter any hassle while adding Project Online to your account.
- Begin by logging in to your Office 365 account by entering the registered credentials.
- Navigate to the Microsoft 365 admin center to continue further.
- From here, select the option that reads as “Purchase Services”.
- You will find it on the menu present at the left.
- Consecutively, select the option that reads as “Add”.
- You may find it next to the plans of “Project Online”.
- Choose the option that is present next to your preferred plan.
- After this, follow some on-screen instructions and start using Project Online.
Note: If you are using a trial version of Project Online and want to continue using it, then you may pay for the subscribed versions of it. For doing this, navigate to office.com/setup and login to your account followed by tapping on the “Buy Now” option.