For all those who are not aware of Microsoft Silverlight and its features. It is a web application framework that is somehow similar to the Adobe Flash and its functions.
The Microsoft Silverlight supports most of the web browsers that you access on MacOS X and MS Windows operating systems.
This article will highlight the steps to deploy Microsoft Silverlight on your devices so you can introduce yourself with the application framework.
A step-by-step guide to enable Microsoft Silverlight
Following are the steps that will guide you to enable Microsoft Silverlight on your device. These steps are as follows:-
- In the first step, you have to visit Microsoft’s official website that goes by the URL microsoft.com/Silverlight. You have to do this in order to check whether you already have Silverlight installed or not.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Get Silverlight” option. If you have already installed the recent version of the app on your computer, then you will not see this option appearing on your screen.
- You have to click on the “Save” button and then type the desired location on your computer where you want to save the file.
- You have to now click on the “Open” option once the downloading process has been completed. In case your browser does not give you an option, you can navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded installation file.
- You have to double click on the file to initiate the installation process.
- In this step, you have to review the license agreement and then click on the “Install Now” option. In case you are running Windows Vista then you need to get through the security permissions when they are prompted on your screen.
- Once the process is completed, you have to restart your web browser which you want to access.
- In this step, you have to visit Microsoft Silverlight’s official website that goes by the URL microsoft.com/Silverlight. This is to verify that your installation was successful.
- The installation process is completed.
In a Conclusive viewpoint:-
Users are recommended to use the Microsoft Silverlight application framework in case they want to access their web browsers without any hassle. For more information, you can get in touch with the Microsoft’s Customer Support assistants via a toll-free number that is available on its official website.