Recently we came across news that Microsoft will no longer support the EdgeHTML-based classic version of Microsoft Edge. It was a browser that came set as default whenever you purchase a Windows 10 PC. In replacement of this, Microsoft has released an all-new Chromium Edge browser. This web browser is completely based on Chromium which means it will run at a lightning-fast speed. You may expect its speed to be as fast as Google Chrome.
Any web browser that is powered by Chromium gives highly satisfactory results when it comes to speed. Since this version of the web browser is released by Microsoft, the software wants the users to use some of its features in the new web browser as well. The software giant used to force users to use Bing as the search engine which is nowhere in comparison to Google. In the field of providing quality and pertinent search results, Bing is lacking in many ways. Only the residents of the USA could get to enjoy the full features of this search engine.
Steps to change the default search engine in Chromium Edge
Fortunately, you can do this with a few easy-to-follow steps. With these steps, you can easily change your default search engine to your favorite one and here’s how you can do this:
Read Also >> Get to learn the basics of “The collaborative Office” app
- First of all, you have to open Microsoft Edge on your Windows 10 device.
- After this, navigate to the top-right corner of the window and click on the three-dot view (…).
- Further, you have to choose the “Settings” option from the drop-down list.
- When the “Settings” tab opens, click on the option reading as “Privacy and Services”.
- After scrolling through the “Privacy and Services” page, you will come across an “Address” bar option.
- When you see this option, click on it and go to the next step.
- Further, you have to click on the rectangular box. You will see it on the right side of the “Search engine used in the Address bar” option.
- After this, click on the “Switch to Google” option or you may choose to switch to any other search engine as well.
With this, you complete the process to switch from a default search engine to your desired one.
If you are still using that old version of the search engine, then you should switch to the new chromium-based version immediately. Its lightning-fast speed is something that is luring the users to have it on their devices as soon as possible. If, even after performing the steps in the tutorial, you are unable to switch to the chromium-based web browser, then try to repeat the procedure once again. Doing this will help you in achieving the desired results.