Setting up a business is enthusiastic as a thought, but demand sacrifices that you have never thought of.
For someone working in a reputed firm on a good payroll, starting afresh as an entrepreneur is a decision that will put on stack everything the person ever earned. Before you embark on your journey from an employee to a proprietor, the decision will test your endurance to see how long you can survive in the tense competition with business rivals against whom you would be like a newborn child.
As an employee, we barely have any idea of how difficult it could be to run a business. The trickiest part of it is to set up an establishment that is comfortable enough to foster concentration among employees as well as luxurious enough to host client visits. It should have enough space to hold all the necessities of an Office including a server room, furniture, cabins, workstations, reception counter, guest room, conference room, a kitchen and bathroom.
Things to keep in mind before you take the first step
Make no mistake, the decision to setup a new office for your business is one of the most complex and unpredictable decisions you will ever make. This guide will walk you through the basic requirements of setting up a new office and helps you to make only necessary arrangements that are critical for a good start.
In a well-suited office environment, everything seems to be a part of your business campaigns to create a brand image in your employee’s consciousness. The equipment, the workstations, and the environment all contribute to making you and your office an inspiration for others entrepreneurs. Planning from a very beginning is the key to ensure that your office incorporates everything of great importance.
Let’s begin with the most basic requirement:
Furnishing the office interiors
- A standard workstation demands brand new furniture including a standard L-shaped wooden computer desk and a rotating chair with adjustable height and back support.
- Glass partitions between employees working in a row.
- An oval shaped table for the conference room.
- Air conditioner and fan are mandatory to provide a breathable environment.
- Inspiration quotes and photo frames will give your employees a sense of devotion to their work.
- Communication is of paramount importance for office setup. Make sure to have telephone lines and extensions as well as fax machines.
- Make sure to have an uninterrupted internet connection.
- Your server room is the heartbeat of your business work. If it faces any disturbance or gets heat up, you might not be able to continue your work. Make sure never to overload your server with a extra work. In addition, you need to have a power generator in case you are faced with power cut-off.
Equipments for Office
- The first thing you will need is computer systems. You can visit your nearest computer shop and place an order for as many as systems you need for the initial period. Make sure to purchase only the branded equipments such as HP, Asus, Microsoft, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, iBall, Zebronics, etc.
- Aside from this, you need a Photocopier, a Printer, and a scanner to convert soft documents into a hard-copy.
- Online security is of paramount importance if you do not want your company to suffer losses before it even starts. To mount a strong defense against viruses and malware threats, you need to deploy Norton Antivirus Security to safeguard your business data and employee’s identity from data theft and hackers.